Our six and 9 day photography safari workshops are especially designed to provide amazing photography opportunities from stunning landscapes to daringly close wildlife shots. We combine a number of stunning wildlife locations to provide extraordinary photo opportunities. Among these is the Lake Nakuru National park whose contrasts of hundreds of birds, including flamingos, pelicans and cormorants provide good photogenic subjects to sharpen your skills with.The park is also a successful Rhino sanctuary and has an abundance of rhino as well as opportunities to spot lions and leopards. We follow this with a visit to the famous Masai Mara game reserve. Here, from dawn to dusk we look for unique viewpoints, angles and compositions to capture the big five as well as unique landscapes and skyscrapers. You also have the opportunity to interact with the Masai community by visiting a Maasai village and experiencing a culture that has remained unchanged for several decades; these proud and colorful people will let you practice your portrait and candid photography skills against a challenging environment.
Over the days we will look at several creative techniques, a daily discussion will prepare you for what's ahead and allow you ample time to mingle and chat with fellow photographers. The Photo workshop is designed for all levels of photographic experience but is limited to just 6 guests allowing you to receive personal attention as you are guided and learn how best to use your equipment in the safari environment. We will do our best to get you the best shots possible, and we'll be able to provide you with our suggestions on composition and exposure, and perhaps most importantly, on what we expect to happen and where we should be. Knowing and understanding animal behavioral patterns is a key to successful wildlife photography, and our experience, and that of our excellent and very able driver/guides, will ensure we have the best chance at obtaining great images.
To insure you’re ready for this trip on receipt of your deposit we will begin a one to one equipment review at no charge. If you’re lacking any gear or want to try something new without buying an expensive lens or second body we can even arrange for a rental to be waiting for you on your arrival -Nikon, Canon and Sony.
Of course there is no point taking lots of pictures if you’re not backed them up safely. We’ve thought of this and at every location you will have access to download your images and store them to external media which we will provide free of charge.
What makes our photographic safari unique
Our photographer’s safari feature;
- Dedicated local guides, with special focus on wildlife photography, making sure you have the best stage always.
- This Kenya photo safari workshop is for a maximum 6 people and we limit safari vehicle to two people and we have a rotation system with Bryan Pereira such that at any one time we have only 3 people on board, allowing for ample space for movement and equipment
- Casual lectures, suggestions and informal instruction on anything related to photography from award winning professional photographer Bryan Pereira
- Pacing will suit everyone’s needs and a good learning environment for all levels.
- On signing up, you get a one on one free equipment review
- Superb luxury accommodations all throughout the safari